I just heard the news. For some this won’t be very exciting news, but to me, and to many others, this is really shocking. Here goes…
Six years ago yesterday, was the day that High School Musical was first released.
This seems stupid. This seems irrelevant. This makes me seem stupid and stereotypical. But I’m going to be honest, I loved that movie. If I saw High school musical today, I’d probably still enjoy it. And then feel like a nostalgic old fart. This may seem stupid coming from a fourteen year old, but that really makes me feel old. I mean six years ago! It can’t be have been that long ago can it? Apparently so, Wikipedia has confirmed it.
I remember when I watched it for the first time.
And now I feel even older. Yay.
And now for some boring facts about the movie itself:
- The film’s soundtrack was the best-selling album in the United States for 2006.
- 7.7 million viewers watched its premiere broadcast in the US.
- Globally, High School Musical has been seen by over 225 million viewers.
- 1.2 million copies of the DVD were sold in its first six days.
- It was the top-selling DVD in Australia in August 2006.
- The album went quadruple-platinum.
I’m going to sign off now, before I start crying. So until next time just remember:
I feel old, so does that mean I’m not allowed use Jazz-hands?